SO YEAH THIS IS A REAL OC.. god i'm so inactive on dA anymore. im a piece of shit. i fucked up. im trash. i really like this though
i didn't expect to ever get a chibi i was happy with and yet :") :""")))))
- she is a tree. like, actually a tree (or a hamadryad/treefolk, i suppose)
- ~60 years old!!
- an oak tree!!! cute
- she has no name, and will proudly proclaim that she “is a tree" and when further questioned, elucidate that her name is “oak tree". or she’ll name herself. don’t let her name herself
- is tied to her tree, naturally, and begins to weaken when she walks out from under its most outcropping branch
- she is in love with pop culture- at the very least, what she can get of it, which isn’t much
- her english is very clumsy, at times overly-formal, and generally absolutely fucking awful. spot-on body language, though. she can communicate with barely a rustle
- the happiest day of her life was the day that someone dropped an iphone in the forest and she just started crying and blushing and playing Throwing Bird Head at Pigs (when ~Zhlink said this i choked up all my coffee)
- she is “forever aspire to some day be gazing upon the justin bieber in a concert. or hopeful only direction"
- basically she’s a tumblr teen except she’s a tree i love her so much i’m going to cry
i scrawled a loose chibi of my treefolk oc yesterday and liked it so much that i decided to draw all the variants on her colouring during the seasons!
i referenced so many oak trees for the colours in this that i think i could draw one from memory now!! the long strings of what look like flowers in the spring picture are catkins. tree oc is technically a hermaphrodite, since oak trees have both male and female flowers ^0^!! i was too lazy to draw the female flowers, but the catkins are the male ones. you could compare it to people spontaneously sprouting ovum and sperm cells all over their body, which is pretty weird, now that I think about it. why did i make you imagine that? i’m so sorry. i debated having her hair fall out in late autumn and be regrown in the spring, but i figured that wasn’t very moe of me, so she cocoons in it instead. i guess. being a tree, she hibernates during the winter like a bear to conserve all her carbohydrates. i expect she enjoys autumn very much- because all the chlorophyll recedes, she’s actually left with what looks like vaguely human colouring besides from blushing orange!
the weird curly stuff at her decolletage (?!) is oakmoss, which is basically Exactly What It Says On The Tin
i’ve done recalculations for oak tree-human age correlation. Oak trees begin dropping acorns (which, i guess, is some kind of weird Tree Menarche) at age 20 but don’t produce productive acorns until about age 30-50. they peak at 70-80. the oldest oak tree in the us at the moment is about 175 years old, and most oak trees slow down acorn productivity around 100. so, strangely, trees are only a little more long-lived than humans in terms of age, yeah? i figure this sweetheart is maybe 60ish. she remembers the ‘nam. or something. she’s worse than a teenager tree; she’s a grown-ass woman that acts like a teenager
she’s a tree twimom.